Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2 Weeks and A Day

Two weeks and two days ago we drove to the hospital to be induced.  I was so excited and so anxious and so done waiting to meet my little boy.  It felt like that day had taken forever to get here but now time seems to go so fast! The induction, which I was totally nervous about (hearing all kinds of bad things) actually went extremely well.  I can credit my midwife for a good portion of the labor experience and recommend a midwife to anyone who is pregnant with no complications.  They started pitocin at 6:30 on the 22nd and Maverick arrived at 7:47 am on the 23rd.  He came into the world crying like no other and continued that for the first hour or so.... a stark contrast to Hannah, she came into the world with a pouty lip and no tears.  I am not sure if its boys are different than girls or just each baby is different but he is from minute one the grumpiest looking baby but so adorabley grumpy I love it. He came out the exact same size as Hannah, 7lbs 10oz and a quarter of an inch longer at 20 inches.  I forget how tiny they are, it is hard to remember Hannah so small so I am really trying to soak up this newborn stage and accept the lack of sleep a part of the beautiful little tiny sweet stage.  Hannah is doing great as the big sister and tries to help as much as possible, sometimes more than needed... but she just wants to do a good job :).  She is so funny, she tells everyone we meet or see that she likes her brother but he cries too much.  I am excited to see them become closer as he grows and they can play.  Here are a few pics from the first couple weeks.

                                                                   His Grumpy Face


                                                         My Beautiful Babies Sleeping

No comments :

Post a Comment